Screening for Genetic Diseases
- Prenatal genetic testing gives information about whether the fetus has certain genetic disorders or not.
- Approximately 21,400 children with Down syndrome, 9000 with beta-thalassaemia and 5200 with sickle cell disease are born in India every year.
- Neural tube defect (NTD) is the most common congenital malformation.
Genetic Disease Screening Test in Jaipur | Genetic Disorder Tests
Some mothers are tested medically to rule out the genetic diseases like chromosomal defects or Down Syndrome. Screening Tests for Genetic Disease relate to identification of diseases that arise due to changes of chromosomes, genes, or proteins. The screening is essential to find out the possibility of developing a genetic disorder.
The screening is quite common amongst the pregnant mothers. DrMayuriKothiwala strongly takes into consideration the genetic disorder tests that include:
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Predictive/ Predisposition
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)