Peels for Intimate Areas
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a procedure in which a solution made up of mix of different chemicals is applied to the skin to remove the upper dead layers to reveal a lighter, fresh and younger inner layer.
What are the different types of peels treatment offered in Jaipur?
Depending on the issue being addressed and the number of layers the chemical can go into, peels are of 3 types-
- Light (superficial) chemical peel in Jaipur – This works only on the top most layer of the skin (epidermis). It’s used to treat fine wrinkles, uneven skin tone and dryness. Light chemical peels can be done as frequently as 2 to 5 weeks. Recovery time is about 4 to 7 days.
- Medium chemical peel in Jaipur- A medium chemical peel acts on the epidermis as well as the upper part of the middle layer of skin (dermis). It’s used to treat wrinkles, acne scars and uneven skin tone. You might need to repeat the procedure to achieve or maintain the desired result. Multiple sessions may be required to get the desired results. Recovery time is about 5 to 7 days.
- Deep chemical peel in Jaipur- This acts on the upper and middle layers of the skin. Deep peels are stronger and their effects can last for longer times. However, the healing time of deep chemical peel is much higher, can take up to few months.
Are there any risks associated with chemical peels?
Redness, burning and swelling. Normal healing from a chemical peel involves redness of the treated skin.
- Scarring –Rarely, a chemical peel can cause scarring.
- Changes in skin color –A chemical peel can cause treated skin to become darker than normal (hyperpigmentation) or lighter than normal (hypopigmentation).
- Infection –A chemical peel can lead to a bacterial, fungal or viral infection, such as a flare-up of the herpes virus.