Menopause Treatment in Jaipur, Pre & Post Menopause Treatment
What is menopause?
Menopause is a retrospective diagnosis and is said to have occurred when a woman hasn’t menstruated for 12 consecutive months. The average age of menopause is around 51 years but it can begin between before or after this age.
Why does menopause occur?
Menopause is a natural process that occurs when the ovaries age and all the antral follicles are consumed. The ovaries gradually stop ovulating and hence the levels of reproductive hormones fall in the body.
The body begins to undergo several changes in response to lower levels of reproductive hormones- estrogen, progesterone, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH).
In some women, menopause may be caused by injury or surgical removal of the ovaries. Common causes include:
- surgical removal of the ovaries
- shutdown of ovarian function, either due to hormone therapy, surgery, or radiotherapy in women with ovarian tumours.
- pelvic radiation
- pelvic injuries that severely damage the ovaries
What are the symptoms of menopause?
The common symptoms of menopause are:
- Absence of menses
- Hot flushes
- Night sweats
- Urine leakage
- Vaginal dryness and itching
- Depression and anxiety
- Reduced muscle and bone mass
- Painful and stiff joints
Complications of Menopause
Common complications of menopause include:
- painful intercourse
- vulvovaginal atrophy
- mood swings
- urine incontinence
- heart disease
What is the Treatment for menopausal symptoms?
Hormone Replacement Therapy is an effective treatment in menopausal women for the reduction or management of:
- hot flashes
- night sweats
- vaginal atrophy
- Stay cool and comfortable
- Exercise and weight management
- Communicating your needs
- Diet supplementation with multivitamins
- Practice relaxation techniques
- Manage sleep issues
- Quit smoking and alcohol