Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Surgery
- More than 3.5 million men & women had cosmetic Botulinum injections in 2013
- Results typically last 3 to 6 months
- Patients can return to daily activities immediately after treatment
- In addition to wrinkles, Botulinum injectables can treat excessive sweating, neck bands & more
What is a Mole?
A mole or nevi is a skin growth caused by clusters of pigmented cells. They generally appear as small dark brown/tan coloured spots and are round or oval. They can appear anywhere in the body. They may change in appearance or may fade away with time.
Why are moles formed?
Moles are harmless but some may rarely become cancerous. Watch for following signs, and see a doctor immediately if you notice them:
- If they look asymmetrical i.e. one side appears different than other.
- The boarder looks irregular.
- If there is any change in colour.
- If there is new growth in a mole larger than 6mm.
- It there is any change in shape, size, colour, or the mole starts itching or bleeding.
How are moles treated?
Following are the treatment options of moles:
Radiofrequency Ablation: First, a local anaesthetic is injected around the mole. This is followed by the removal of the growth by fine needle using radiofrequency ablation (RFA). An antibacterial ointment is applied after the treatment. Usually, this process takes 15-20 minutes. A soft scab forms over the treated area which falls off after a few days. It is good for small and superficial mole only.
Punch Excision: First, a local anaesthetic is injected around the mole. A punch tool is then placed over the mole and it is punched out.If required suturing also done for large moles. Suturing helps in faster healing and cosmetically acceptable scar.
Shave excision:First, a local anaesthetic is injected around the mole. After that, the mole is sliced away by using a sharp razor like tool. This is followed by electrosurgical feathering by tiny electrode like device. This step helps the wound to blend with the surrounding skin. No stiches are required after the procedure. It is good for superficial and small moles.
Laser Mole Removal: Mole may also be removed by a laser like CO2 Laser. In Mole Removal Laser Treatment, first, a local anaesthetic is injected around the mole. The mole is cut from its base by Co2 laser. It takes 5-10 minutes to remove a mole of size of 5-8 mm.
- This is more preferable to RFA because it can remove deep mole also and wound healing is better.
- No stitching is required like punch excision.
- No bleeding like punch excision or shave excision.
- No downtime
- No specific wound care
- Chances of Scar after laser mole removal is very less.
Surgical excision:First, a local anaesthetic is injected around the mole. In this procedure, the entire mole and the subcutaneous fat layer is excised by your doctor. This is a deeper procedure than shave excision. The incision is closed by stitching. If required Mole is there after examined for signs of cancer. This is good for large & deep moles.
What happens after the surgical excision of mole?
Post-surgery you will be applied an antibiotic ointment on the treated area. Depending on the mole removal procedure chosen, you may have the area bandaged. The area must be kept clean and dryfor 24-48 hours. You will have to come for follow-up visit as instructed by your doctor for stich removal or follow-up examination.
What are the risks associated with mole surgery?
Usually there is no risk. Sight Scarmay be seen after mole removal depending on technique. Choosing the right technique and good post procedure care reduces the chances of scarring.
What are the chances of recurrence of mole?
Very minimal. If mole has been removed completley then it will not recurr. Recurrences are possible if mole ws removed only superficially or wrong procedure was selcted for particular type of mole. At our clinic we check site of mole in follow up visits for any remanants to ensure complete treatment in one go.
Why Should I choose Dr.Kothiwala’s SkinEva Clinic?
There are many reasons which give Dr.Kothiwala’s SkinEva Clinic an edge over other skin clinics:
- You will have a detailed consultation with the best dermatologist in Jaipur, Dr.Sunil Kothiwala.
- Discussion about pros and cons of every treatment option for your mole.
- Experience of hundreds of treatments of mole removal
- Laser mole removal is done by one of world’s best CO2 Laser Alma’s Pixel CO2.
- One plus one complementary laser mole removal treatment to save your money.
- Surgical excision is done in a way which leads to minimal scar formation.
- Post surgical scar clearance by CO2 laser.
For more information on Mole Removal Surgery or to inquire about other services please contact us on 7726938335.
Book An Appointment
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Hair Transplant Surgeon
With more than a decade of experience including postgraduation from AIIMS & experience of SMS Hospital make,Dr. Sunil Kothiwala one of best dermatologist & cosmetologist in Jaipur. Renowned for delivering the highest level of quality care for patients in the fields of dermatology and cosmetology.
Dr. Kothiwala SkinEva Clinic
Dr. Kothiwala SkinEva Clinic
(Mon to Sat)
- Mon – Sat 10:00 AM – 7 PM
- Morning 9:00 AM- 10:30 AM
- Evening 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Morning 8:30 AM-10:00 AM
Just make an appointment to get help from our experts .